Dokuz Eylul University (DEU) Solaris Solar Vehicle Team ranks 2nd in International Solar Car Contest.
Several demonstrations took place today (Sunday) in France to express support for the Palestinians in a context of rising tensions between Israel and Palestine.
At the 71st Cannes Film Festival, for the vision of "Girls of Sun" movie, directed by Eva Husson, among the guests and participants, we could recognize, General Director of the Cannes Film Festival, Thierry Fremaux, Festival President Pierre Lescure, French Minister of Culture Francoise Nyssen, Jury President, Cate Blanchett, the director of the "The Girls of the Sun (Les Filles du Soleil)" film, Eva Husson as well as Golshifteh Ferahani, Emmanuelle Bercot, Vanessa Filho, Marion Cotillard, Salma Hayek, Kimberley Garner, Didar Domehri, Kristen Jaymes Stewart, Lea Seydoux and Daniella Rahme.
With a view of the famous Mostar Bridge (Stari Most) in Bosnia and Herzegovina, built in the 16th century by the great Ottoman architect, Mimar Sinan, on the banks of the Neretva river in the city of Mostar, destroyed during the Bosnian-Croat War ( 1992-1994) and reconstructed by Turkey, the Metropolitan Municipality of Bursa, the Yunus Emre Institute and the Student Union of Dzemal Bijediç University organized a fast-breaking program (iftar) in the city center of Mostar, city of Bosnian (Muslim) and Croatian (Catholic) population. Yunus Dilber, director of the Yunus Emre Institute in Mostar, and İsmail Yılmaz, general secretary of the Metropolitan Municipality of Bursa, as well as many residents of one of the most beautiful cities of the Balkans, attended the banquet held under the historic Mostar Bridge.
In southeastern Turkey, in the region of Hakkari, bordering Iran and Iraq, the Mehmetçik (Turkish soldiers), on mission, broke their fast for the first time. In their base resembling an eagle's nest, on a summit of 2400 meters of altitude of the Balkaya Mountains, in the district of Şemdinli, the Mehmetçik who fight against the terrorist group PKK had, today, the time to break fast in peace.
In Osmaniye, in the South of Turkey, it was raining in the evening hours. The lightning that emerged formed, with the rain, a beautiful image in the sky.
More Articles ...
- The First World Success Of A Very Young Turkish Pianist
- Turkish Special Operations Police Forces Returning from Afrin
- Turkey : Tribute to the Plectrum of the Steppe, Neşet Ertaş
- 'Yeni Türkü' and 'Duman' Concerts in Edirne
- Eurasia Airshow attracts visitors
- Sweden recognizes that Swedish Meatballs recipe is copy of Turkish kofte
- Exchange Lab: Connecting Morocco with the Rest of the World
- April 23rd National Sovereignty and Children's Day : Al-Rai, Syria
- 1915 : Commemoration ceremony at the Armenian Patriarchate
- April 23rd National Sovereignty and Children's Day : Tirana, Albania
- April 23rd National Sovereignty and Children's Day : Skopje, Macedonia
- April 23rd National Sovereignty and Children's Day : Erzincan Hospital